Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 9, 2012

Trevor - upper elementary

Today at the farm after we reviewed the farm guidelines, the upper elementary went out to check on the garlic. The tallest garlic plant was 31" and so was the constant. While we were checking on the garlic we found a garlic plant growing outside the bed in like a crack in the rocks with dirt. I wonder how that happens because you can not bury a garlic bulb in the rocks. Then Farmer Edwin reviewed the Chicken coop care. There are four jobs and they are changing the chickens food, changing their water, cleaning their shelter and harvesting the eggs. After that the upper elementary weeded our bed while the lower elementary picked spinach and then we changed jobs. We cleaned the spinach we picked and I got rid of the bad spinach by eating it. Farmer Edwin made homemade spinach pesto that we picked. The upper elementary made flatbread on the grill. When it was done we all came together and sampled the flatbread and pesto. It was great!



Spencer - lower elementary

Well, today at the farm one of the chickens pecked my finger when we were reviewing chicken care with Farmer Edwin.  I was just trying to pet her, and even though she pecked my finger I still love her.  We fed the chickens, gave them water, cleaned their shelter and harvested their eggs.  We had two eggs today.  One green egg and one tan one.  I got to herd the chicken back into the coop.  It was kind of confusing because I did not know where the chicken was trying to go, and I was afraid she might peck me again but she didn't!



No comments:

Post a Comment